Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant connect to internet after installing Nortan AntiVirus and running

• Please log in to reply

mz.tru

mz.tru

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have windows XP and after installing Nortan AntiVirus (i had some viruses), my laptop (Dell Latitude D620) will not connect to the internet. Also, the welcome screen has some how reverted back to the 1998 windows version (the grey bar). I've tried the

run > cmd > ipconfig /release /renew /all... all of that and it doesnt work.

i have tried right clicking and repairing the wireless network.. umm, i think i have tried it all. so someone please rescue me b4 i throw my laptop against a wall!!! lol

Advertisements

mz.tru

mz.tru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, so i was browsing thru the topics and saw that all i had 2 do was go to INTERNET EXPORER, TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, CONNECTIONS, LAN SETTINGS, and un-click the box under Proxy Server... but i am still having a problem. I go to "change the way users log on" because my screen isnt the updated XP colors and such. its an old grey colored taskbar etc, can some1 plz help me? and i have already unistalled the client stuff for netware!