Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Build... of course problems

• Please log in to reply

big_tiger

big_tiger

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My 730 Compaq Laptop crapped out last Saturday, so I decided to build a new desktop. AMD 1090T x6 Black edition with a Micro ATX MSI 890GX board. 4GB Kingston 2000mhz Ram, basic hard drive Hitachi, A black Silverstone Micro-ATX case. 23" LG 1080p 2ms response time 50k:1 D. Contrast (Better specs than my 55" Samsung above it).

I had problems with it even getting passed the BIOS. Found out I had to reflash the BIOS to accept the CPU, I also had problems with setting GPU and overclocking items at "Auto." Once I got passed it I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Loaded all the drivers ATI Catalyst, MSI's drivers, monitor drives. I was in the action of downloading WOW 7.5gb. Left the room, and when I came back I had a BSOD. When Windows finally was able to boot back up to the normal screen. Everything that I had installed EVERYTHING was gone. The screen resolution was set as low as it can go, and I still get BSOD.

I changed the BIOS to "load optimized defaults," and load fail-safe defaults... still got BSOD I did a search and saw that someone directed another person with a 890gx and BSOD to run a HD diag, and Memtest86. No problems found.

Advertisements

big_tiger

big_tiger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Don't know if it makes a difference, but when I run a Advanced test the program freezes, and there are vertical stripes on the monitor. Quick test displays no errors

big_tiger

big_tiger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I went back to Fry's and replaced the HD, it was on sale so I bought another HD and ran a raid 0 configuration. Tried to install Windows 7 again and once it got to the check and install updates I get a bsod 0x0000007e. Every freaking time its a different error.