Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C and E drives have gone into hiding

• Please log in to reply

SatanX

SatanX

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
For what reason, I don't know, I can't access my C [Windows Harddrive] or my E [DVD Burner] from my computer. I can access them by typing "C:\" or "E:\" into the address bar, and they'll show up then, but underneath everything else. Then, when I close the window, and reopen My Computer, they are no wheres to be seen. Is there some kind of setting that's messed up, and where do I fix it at?

Advertisements

MenaceOfMen

MenaceOfMen

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm pretty sure there is a setting where you can view system files and such but im not sure where. depending on what OS your using )I have Windows XP) then it might be in the tools toolbar, hit folder options, hit view, and look in there

SatanX

SatanX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have view all system/hidden files on. There's some other reason why I can't access them.

MenaceOfMen

MenaceOfMen

• Pip
  • 5 posts
umm, no idea, sorry. im not a computer genious but when it comes to having a problem I learn fast by just screwing around with stuff I know won't mess anything up. just look around and if it still doesn't work you might just have to put C:\ whenever you want to view the folders. good luck

SatanX

SatanX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I don't mean to sound ungrateful or whatever but.. That is what I've been doing for about a month now, if I had a better plan of action I wouldn't be posting asking for help.