Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Headphones for Recording?

• Please log in to reply

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Howdy do people,

I'm going to be recording my guitar 'n stuff with the Line 6 Toneport UX1. That takes care of all the mixing and jazz as it is its own sound card.

I just need some good headphones so that I can really catch all the detail.

Are there any specific brands or models that you guys like? I can't really use speakers. Too many people around, and not enough space. I currently just have some $20 Sony headphones. While they are decent, I just don't know if they will cut it for recording.

My Price range is $50-$75 (maybe $100, if they make me fly)

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Hmm.. A lot of people seem to like THESE

I currently have THESE

Edited by Cold Titanium, 30 June 2010 - 05:18 PM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Buy.com > Sony MDR-7506 Professional Headphone - MDR7506
Price: $87.95
Shipping: FREE
Total Price: $87.95
http://www.buy.com/p.../203024961.html

Elliott Matthew

Elliott Matthew

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would recommended sony 7506's, the 7509s I always thought were to expensive, without much added benefit over the 06's. there is also a great pair of pioneers, something like the 9000s or something, they have a flip up ear for dj monitoring use.

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I've got a pair of AKG K702's with a Presonus HP4 headphone amp. When you save up the cash buy these... They're meant for serious mixing usage.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Ahh..I forgot about this thread.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, those AKGs seem like flagship stuff.

I settled on a pair of Sennheiser HD-280s for now. I actually listened to the Sony MDR-7506 first, but bought the Senns. I'm happy with my purchase, and in my opinion the Senns are way better than the Sonys.