Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about system Back-up

• Please log in to reply

Lucrornimium

Lucrornimium

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi! New member here. Found the website while looking for an overclocking guide and consequently found the site to be an excellent resource.

Simple question - I've just bought a new laptop, and after installing a few new programs and tweaking the settings, I've burned my back-up DVD. That being said, during the process I had a blank DVD in all during the "preparing to copy files" but when it actually started to write the files, it asked me to insert another blank DVD. It didn't seem to me that the first one is full, and my desktop computer says its still blank. However, the back-up finished writing to the other blank DVD and according to my desktop this second DVD actually has files written to it.

So my question is - is the first DVD inserted valuable at all? Anyone else encountered something like this? I think maybe the program just didn't realized one was in the drive when I started the process and asked me to put one in, but I don't want to write over the first disk if it IS somehow important, though it looks to me that it isn't.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Put it in your computer, click on the DVD drive, choose to see files .... also, see how many GB's are on the DVD.