Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant install programs

• Please log in to reply

dineshrao

dineshrao

• Pip
  • 7 posts
my vista is not performing any new install nor run any pre-installed programs.

please help me.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

I am not 100% on this one but here are a few things which you can try. Please goto this link copy the text you see into notepad and save this onto your desktop as exefix.reg

Next execute this and retart your computer to see if that has fixed your issue. If not please read on. Next I will tell you how to disable and re-enabled the installer service.
  • Click start and in the box type in services then click on services which should be first one to come up
  • When this has came up please scroll down to bottom to file the installer service
  • Double click this and set the startup type to disable
  • Click apply and ok
  • Next double click the same service and set the startup type to automatic
  • Click apply and ok
  • To finish restart your computer
I am not 110% if this will fix this issue but i'm sure my-self and other members will be able to fix this.

Regards

dineshrao

dineshrao

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i dont think this an .exe files issue as some of my programs having exe extension open

dineshrao

dineshrao

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
http://www.orkut.co....d=1277965325844

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello dineshrao

I am unable to view this as I don't have this account. Did you try the steps above? If so please do as this has worked for me in the past.

Regards

dineshrao

dineshrao

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
OK SORRY NOW HERE IS PHOTOBUCKET LINK

http://s880.photobuc...ESH4033/pc prb/

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello dineshrao

Please don't use capitals for typing as some users may feel you are shouting :) I can see what you mean and this is not a .exe issue. I was going by your inital post. Now I see the error I can advise further. This seems like ownership error so please click this linkand this will take you to microsofts help and support section.

This should fix the first error in your screenshots. Now this article is for Microsoft Window XP however this will probably be the same in Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7.

For the download manager they have a FAQ section which you may want to browse through or contact them directly which can be found here

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 03 July 2010 - 08:54 AM.

dineshrao

dineshrao

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
wizzy2k5 thanks for your support now i login as administrator and easily install programs