Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

youtube video uploading and clicking on links problem

• Please log in to reply

claudiathompson

claudiathompson

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,

Right when I thought that I just about had everything fixed on my computer... now when I go to try to upload a video at youtube, it gets so far with it, like saying it is finished, but then it never does process through with it.

I noticed also that when I first click on the 'upload video' button, it acts almost like a pop-up page problem or something.
For a very long time, ever since I got Gmail, its really a pain trying to click on a link in my email... a blank page comes up usually, until I try it a second or third time. But this has been going on for a long with with the email... and the youtube video thing just started yesterday.

I cant think of any pop up blockers I have on. And the very first video I uploaded today worked... then nothing transpired between then and the second one I tried to upload, at least not anything Im aware of.

I need this solved because Im in the process of writing a Book and putting the whole thing on audio and video and now I cant upload any video to youtube.

Can anyone please help? I dont think its the videos that are the problem, because I tried uploading a video also that I successfully had uploaded beforeand had deleted, just to see if that was the problem.

Claudia

Advertisements

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I’ve seen a problem exactly like that. I found it to be Zone Alarm (firewall). I would have to refresh web pages/links etc twice before it would load. After I removed Zone Alarm and used McAfee person firewall instead. The problem went away. Never to be seen again. Are you using Zone Alarm? If you are using a firewall. Disable it and see if it helps.

What Internet browser are you using? If you’re using IE (Internet Explorer) download and install Firefox www.mozilla.com/firefox/ Basically try a different web browser and see if that helps.

When you’re uploading to youtube. Press ctrl + alt + delete and take a note of your CPU Usage and check the Processes noting down any which are using high Mem Usage.

Edited by Oddysee, 01 July 2010 - 02:29 PM.

claudiathompson

claudiathompson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
when I download Google Chrome it says:

The following plugin has crashed: Shockwave Flash

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Uninstall the plugin by clicking on "Tools" and then "Extensions". You will see your list of installed plugins. Click Uninstall on Shockwave.

Restart your computer and then install the plugin again.

I've only tried out Google Chrome for like a day (I use Firefox). So I'm not the best person to help you fix this problem. If my solution doesn't work. Post back and hopefully someone else can help you!

Edited by Oddysee, 02 July 2010 - 04:13 PM.