Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

random wireless mbps drops to 1.0

• Please log in to reply

gimpusc

gimpusc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been having a problem with my wireless mbps dropping to 5.5 then 1.0 at random times. This problem can happen quite alot during a 1 hour time span and can last for long periods of time. im running a 802.11b router and am not sure what my wireless card is other then its a product of linksys. looking for any info or feedback on what i can try to fix this problem. im running Windows XP

Advertisements

gimpusc

gimpusc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
iv updated the drivers for my wireless and also noticed that there was a power save option enabled. could this be the reason why the connection seems to drop, my computer is on almost 24/7, is the drop in mbps linked to the wireless card trying to power save itself?