Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SmitFraud and dialers from internet?!

• Please log in to reply

lalala

lalala

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry I have no idea where this thread should go and it's abit stupid but I have the smitfraud trojan which i am currently in the process of removing. I just received a phonecall to my landline which was a strange message. When I called 1471 it said "Sorry, but the last person who called called from a network which isn't designed to use numbers" or something and it's totally freaked me out. Could this be from the virus, the person who sent me the trojan or a dialler? How do I stop it from happening again? Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Advertisements

Kristy

Kristy

Visiting Consultant

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
Hi lalala,

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

~Kristy

lalala

lalala

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks so much for the reply, it's greatly appreciated. The problem seems to be fixed now and there has been no repeat of the call!