Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatting Issue - Programs Remaining

• Please log in to reply

parnakuma

parnakuma

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an issue very similar to the one posted here:

Reformat Hard Drive Upon Installation t27522

I have recently gotten a new desktop and gave my old one away to a friend. He chose to do a clean install of windows2000 and change from FAT32 to NTFS in the process. Now he's got it up and running again, but all of my old stuff has managed to remain. (I wonder if its the change in

In particular, program files and folders all show in the C:\ drive, but are not populating in the add/remove programs panel. Also, they don't look as though they have any registry entries associated with them.

All I want to know is whether or not he ought to be able to just delete these whole folders out - or if there's maybe something else going on? Thanks.

Advertisements