Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP install problem setupdd.sys

• Please log in to reply

flmike

flmike

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I try to boot from CD I get error message:

0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF7459CAD, 0xF70187E4, 0x00000000)'

setupdd.sys Address F749CAD base at F742D000, datestamp 48025277

Does anyone know a solution to this error?

Thanks

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Is it a GENUINE XP CD.
Do not be offended but pls see this

We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 03 July 2010 - 03:13 PM.

flmike

flmike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I didn't obtain anything illegally to my knowledge. My computer was not booting at all, I had a friend look at it and he moved my memory to alternate sockets because he thought the sockets it was in were damaged.

That allowed the computer to boot. When I put in my original Windows disk to boot from, I kept getting an error message (I forget what it was). When I looked up the error on line, the solution seemed to be that I needed to have a boot disk with SP2 and SP3 streamed into it. I ordered one from an internet site that said that the disk was perfectly legal. The instructions for the CD stated "this media is a full version program which has the license key embedded in the media."

Also, when I load Windows now and it gets to the screen for you to pick a partition to install to, all four lines say there is no disk.

Hope this helps. Again, I did not knowingly purchase anything illegal.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Is the original Windows installation still on the Hard Drive.
On setup normally F2 or Delete is the hard drive shown.
How many ram sockets are there., presumably as you say to alternate sockets, there are four.
If so it may well be for a dual core processor, which WAS it in and which is it in now.