Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor

• Please log in to reply

philtheduck

philtheduck

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a 23 inch AOC Monitor that was on widescreen and suddenly switched to a smaller screen.

I cannot figure out how to get it back to the widescreen.

Lost the manual and have tried everything I can think of to switch it back.

Can you help?

Thank you

philtheduck

Advertisements

ZaRMan

ZaRMan

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
what do you mean by this? Is there a black border around the screen? Is it possible to get a screenshot? This information will make it easier for me to help you :)

philtheduck

philtheduck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes there is now a black border that wasn't there the other day

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Apart from any buttons that you may have on your monitor for adjusting screen size, here is the method for windows xp;

To change screen resolution on a Window's-based PC, right click on any area on the desktop screen where there are no icons.
A menu will pop up. If you are using Windows XP, click on "Properties," followed by the "Settings" tab.
A horizontal bar will be shown, which you can scroll right or left to increase or decrease resolution.
This could also be a gfx card issue, if resizing the screen doesn`t work check your gfx card properties & drivers.

philtheduck

philtheduck

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
You are welcome & I hope that it helps you resolve the issue