Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I was trying to uninstall Logitech software, and got no help. I search the registry for "Logitech," but since Bill Gates and co. don't like any users to ever have a clean and easy-to-use computer who's files do not corrupt all by themselves, the "find" feature showed only one entry at a time, and showed things other then those which have been "found". So, expecting the software to actually work reasonably,I deleted every entry which showed up (at first). The relevant entries were always the only other key before the one found by the Logitech search. The Logitch-reletaed key always had a value of a location under "Documents and Settings". There were always 2 entries, and the bottom entry always had a value of xxxxx_packagex86_xxxxxxx.xxxx . I need to figure out what these keys are and restore them (if nessecary) before I restart my computer.

Edited by mewgirl, 04 July 2010 - 12:29 AM.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You cannot restore deleted registry keys or data unless you previously made a backup of those keys or the entire registry. And the "find" tool in the Registry Editor only finds one item at a time -- that's normal behaviour.

You shouldn't mess with the registry after uninstalling software - it's unecessary and risky!

• 34,114 posts
Duplicated topic from HERE
Please direct all responses to the original topic started yesterday.
This topic is closed.