Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unplugged electricity - afterwards monitor says "no signal"

• Please log in to reply

mojchka

mojchka

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys,
so while my computer was in sleep mode, a storm came and I unplugged my computer from electricy (forgetting that it is in sleep mode and not shut down - my bad). Now, when I plugged it back to electricity and turn it on - monitor says "no signal". Computer does start - but it doesnt do those usual "start noises". In just turns on and has a quite silent, stable noise. I reseted it, turned if off and on, unplugged it... checked monitor cables (if they are plugged in computer). But nothing.

Does somebody have any idea?

Best regards,
M

Edited by mojchka, 04 July 2010 - 11:11 AM.

Advertisements

mojchka

mojchka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just an update: I did some reading on the internet and some advices said that you should left unplugged computer for a while and than I push the power button for few seconds (to empty electricity or sth). Which I did. No effect.
And also - I do not get that one (or more) beep, which I should (as I recall, one is ok, more means errors... I got none).

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi mojchka :) sorry to hear you are having this issue.
Please provide more information about your computer is it a custom
built or named brand such as Dell, HP, model name & number, this
will enable others to help you better.

mojchka

mojchka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Phillip.

It is a custom build computer. Two weeks ago it was upgraded with 4 new GB of RAM. It was working fine - till today. Now I tried with removing battery on motherboard - which got me to one beep and starting windows - but in the end I got to a black screen. So I removed 2 RAM and than computer worked fine. Put them back in - same story (black screen). :) Right now I am temporarily satisfied that it is working. So I guess thank you for all your help.

The rest of the stuff I will let my brother deal with it, when he returns from holidays (he is my IT support :) ), because I am not much of a hardware gal (I even do not know what kind of computer I have with what kind of components). :)

Best regards,
M

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi mojchka, Thank you for posting back with an update, it looks like you
have partially resolved the issue yourself, so well done for that.
I hope that your brother is able to resolve the issue for you completely
& thank you for choosing GTG to assist you :)