Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

________ is an invalid win32 application.

• Please log in to reply

Jir

Jir

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Whenever I try downloading something, it tells me that the program is an invalid win32 application. I have a x64 version of Windows 7, so there is no reason it should be doing this. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix it?

Thanks!

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

Before I continue I would like to ask the following questions which have a purpose
  • What are you downloading
  • Where are you downloading from
  • When did the problem first begin
  • What have you done to try and fix this issue
Reason for asking this is just so I know where I can advise :)

Cheers

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
1. It doesn't matter what I'm downloading. Everytime it gives the same message. But what I am trying to download is a game.
2. I'm downloading from the official websites. I can also try to download from others, but it does not matter.
3. I've had this problem ever since I tried downloading something on my computer.
4. I've tried to clean the Temporary Internet Files and the TEMP files, but neither worked.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It looks like some infection....

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Cheers Broni

What I was about to say is if you run 64bit software on a 32bit installation then this message does appear and it is the same the other way around (example 32bit software on 64bit installs) I have seen this at times :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
My understanding is, that OP doesn't try to install, or run anything, but he's simply trying to download something, but....I may be reading it wrong :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Also, 32-bit programs should run on 64-bit system.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Cheers Broni :) just because i've seen it once or twice so I thought i'd ask :)

Cheers

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
I tried to download everything from the Malware and Spyware cleaning guide, but of course, I get the same error. :/

The rootkit cleaner was working though since it was a .zip...

Edited by Jir, 04 July 2010 - 04:02 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
No problem wizzy :)

Jir
Don't try to fix anything by yourself.
Create new topic in malware forum and if you can't perform some step, simply let malware people know.
They'll take care of you :)

Advertisements

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Alright.. I made the new topic here:
http://www.geekstogo...p;#entry1864061

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Cool :)

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
I'm still having this problem since July 4th. :)

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hiya Jir

I have 2 things you could try first and i'll start with user accounts. Before you start this make sure you have backed everything up that you cannot afford to lose and then do the following
  • Click start and goto Control panel.
  • Locate User Accounts and Family Safety and you will see add or remove user accounts.
  • Create a new account with administrator privileges.
  • When all done apply all settings, reboot and log into this new account then try what you want to fix
  • Fineally report back with any feedback from this
If this fails still backup all your data and do a system restore back to the 2nd of july and see what happens then.

Report back with information you have from these possible fixes.

Thanks

Edited by wizzy2k5, 18 July 2010 - 05:21 PM.

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Creating a new user account did not fix anything, and I don't think doing a System Restore will either because not much has changed since then.