Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

BSOD Currupt files Possible

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Please anyone who has any knowledge to help me out

I had a bsod and it was along the lines of 0x000007e(0x0008..., cant remember). I used the recovery cd and ran the repair option and i can't recall exactly what files i replaced(window Boot files) but now i get the blue screen without words on it. just some code or garbage characters at the top leftside of the screen. I can't log on to windows at all. I figure the windows initialazation file is bad. There is a welcome as windows start up but the screen after that is garbage and blue. The hard drive is out and I have it as an external for dignostic purposes. A malwarebyte scan was run and norton, viruses where found and removed. How do I get to the boot files and what Txt start files do I need to replace and with what????

Thanks Alot

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Since you have the drive out, I'd rather save your data, put the drive back to its original location and perform clean Windows installation.