Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application Error Message

• Please log in to reply

jla956

jla956

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running Windows XP on an HP pavilion laptop. A few hours ago I had a popup message appear on my laptop that reads:

In the blue bar at the top of the message it states:

SAS window: winlogon.exe - Application Error

In the body of the popup window, to the right of the red X button it reads:

The instructions at "0x5ad798aa" referenced memory at "0x5ad798aa". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0xc000009c".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

If I click on the OK button the window goes away and in about 15 seconds the laptop reboots and goes the Windows XP startup screen for about 20 seconds until it then goes to a blue HP background screen and the same pop up message appears.

If I click on the CANCEL button the popup message goes away but we stay on the blue HP background screen for about 3 minutes and then it reboots. After it reboots the same message reappears

I have rebooted the computer several times and the same message continues to pop up after every reboot and the same exact thing happens when I hit the OK or Cancel buttons.

I can reboot in SAFE MODE but I have no idea as to what I should do once I'm in safe mode.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by jla956, 04 July 2010 - 05:34 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Your computer may be infected.

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).