Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iexplore.exe ?

• Please log in to reply

Heikki

Heikki

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the following problem. When I get on-line, and visit one or two websites, my computer slows down and even locks up. My son told me to go to my task manager and look for multiple iexplore.exe's. Sure enough there were several with tons of memory useage, which evidently slows or locks up things. When I delete these iexplore.exe 's, things go back to normal.

Do you have a clue as to what is going on and how can I fix it?.....Note: All I know about computers is how to use them and I have no great technical knowledge.

Thanking you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Commonly caused by malware which is running on your PC. We are not allowed to help with getting rid of malware on this forum as it's against the rules. You must post on the malware forum here:
http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37

alairauston

alairauston

• Pip
  • 5 posts
It shows up when I start my computer and is taking up a very large amount of memory.It's use very well because computer works fast and well using IE after start-up but then slows as surfing and printing progresses.