Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Jre 1.6.0_14.msi - ERROR with Updates & Uninstalling

• Please log in to reply

OMGHelpMe

OMGHelpMe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When i try to install updates for Java I get error message:

"The feature ur trying 2 use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok 2 try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "jre1.6.0_14.msi" in the box below

I have looked everywhere and cant find this file I have even checked under the hidden files. I went to control panel to uninstall Java to reinstall - it will not uninstall I get the same error message. I have tried numerous times to install updates and uninstall Java I get same error everytime.

OMG Please Help Me!

I TRIED THIS SOLUTION:

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder

•Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
•Accept any prompts.
•next follow the steps below for Upgrading Java

Upgrading Java:

•Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 15.
•Click the "Download" button to the right.
•Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
•Click on Continue.
•Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u15-windows-i586.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager.
•Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
•Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u15-windows-i586.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts
Please try what is listed Here especially the Microsoft cleanup utility.