Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Fill-out form for Motors, Pumps, HVAC information.

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
In short, i'm looking for a simple way to make files for my technicians on the road to fill in HVAC information on the machines we service, so when we receive a call we know what we're working with and we can better prepare a proposal, this is currently what they fill out.

Please ignore the name, it is not a service ticket. It's entirely kept from customers eyes and is only meant to be used by our engineers and myself.

Secondly, I use work orders to send out to my engineers, I was researching for some time for a way to copy all the information from one of our directories onto a sheet with a few clicks, or even creat a dropdown list with our address book in it, and the most i could find was an address book icon that connects to outlook, while its not bad and its close to what I am looking for, It only pastes the name, street address, and country.

Some insight on why its an issue is because often times my engineers are on the road. We service all CPS (Chicago Public Schools) which, as you can imagine, are plenty. Having this address function would greatly speed up their time working on their computers and make their jobs a bit easier (some of them aren't very computer friendly, and I try to make things easier for them when I get the free time). If anyone has an idea or a solution they use in their own business and doesn't mind sharing, id be happy to hear it.

An example of the address book information is the following

School name
School address
School main desk phone
Engineer name
Enginer phone
Engineer cell # (most important of all, sometimes it takes our engineers 45 minutes to get in contact with school engineers through a front desk)