my server was taking longer than normal to update and i belive i found out why. on one of the network drives i found a few folders named 9c617c6767df81c042432ea0a3 and 17cbbf5e879f5553f2862956f03fdd86. from what i can gather these are temporary directories that microsoft update uses to extract downloaded updates to prior to instalation. what i cant figure out why it is being extracted to a network attached drive instead of the local system drive (well with ndas the computer cant tell the difference between a local disk and a mounted volume. but this should go to the system partition on disk 0). the fact that this is all going over a wireless network is slowing the update process to a crawl and i need to point it to a local drive.
Edited by mikeloeven, 06 July 2010 - 07:39 AM.