Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Failure General

• Please log in to reply

steve farmery

steve farmery

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
If anyone on this forum either works for or represents Microsoft I make absolutely no apologies for this post. Why in the [bleep] with all their Godzillions of Cash, and so called "top spec" software programmers, do they find it so [bleep] difficult to write new versions of word which doesn't corrupt earlier versions??????????????. Jesus it that so difficult for them? I have just spent heavens knows how many Hours trying to help a colleague in Norway write her thesis and the sheer frustration of working with 2 different versions OF THE SAME [bleep] PIECE OF SOFTWARE, FROM THE SAME [bleep] SOFTWARE COMPANY ([bleep] WORD!!!) that suicide is looking like a healthy option. Why in [bleep] is it so beyond these overpaid geeks to just put out a new version which is totally, and I mean TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!! compatible with the earlier version...why does it insist in changing my original Format, why the [bleep] does it insist in putting in extra markers and moving sentences in a way it takes me 1/2 a day and the cunning of a Fox to sort out???..even without input into the document from this poor woman who is also on her wits end, it insists on changing Format etc..and I do use page breaks and Tab and para formatting...as we are supposed to when editing a document..Microsoft...the General Motors of the Software Industry....Marketing over engineering..well done..!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello steve farmery...

Is your command of the English language so poor that you can't convey your thoughts without the use of profanity?

Microsoft offers a Compatibility Pack for older versions of Office that will allow for the use of documents created on newer versions of Office. In the newer versions of Office, you have the option of saving documents in older formats. Have you looked into either of those avenues?

wannabe1