Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Profile Not Loading?

• Please log in to reply

Sweeper Steve

Sweeper Steve

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, i'm not much of a computer "geek" so please excuse me if this post isn't very technical.

I have Windows XP with 4 different Users. 3 of the Users accounts log on and function fine, where as since this morning, the other User account isn't functioning.

When you click the name, it logs on but displays the default desktop with no icons. Also, there are no icons on the Start Menu and you cannot access the documents by clicking "My Documents". Instead, you have to cycle through c:\ to find it.

I may be wrong, but it's as if Windows is not loading the profile, and is creating another one, from default.

Please help me associate the documents, start menu and desktop, back to the User account.

Basically, i want the profile back.

I'd appreciate any help/suggestions/ideas,

Thanks a lot, Steve

Advertisements

Sweeper Steve

Sweeper Steve

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Anybody? :tazz:

Sweeper Steve

Sweeper Steve

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just like to bring this topic up before it gets lost!