Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer is Dying of AIDS [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JackBullet

JackBullet

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hey guys. I'm in desperate need of help. A while back I had to reinstall Windows on my computer, and that seemed to work just fine. I got all new virus protection (Avira, Spyware Blaster, Superantispyware), and it seemed fine...at first. Since then it's been getting viruses nonstop. I had to get rid of Avira b/c it wouldn't update and replace it with Avast!, which also will not update (and I've checked my firewall and everything). It says it cannot connect to the server. And now, just from being on the internet (just Facebook and Gmail, basically), today I got attacked by several million viruses at once.

I've been having the Google redirect issue for about a week, and today I got a ton of pop-up, fake virus software stuff, and it seems to have installed a fake program called "Sysinternals Antivirus". Every time I go to Add/Remove Programs, it won't let me in, citing "Application not found". I ran Avast!, which found zero threats. I also ran Superantispyware, which found 22 threats, and I deleted them all and rebooted, but it seems to still be messing up my system in a bad way.

What can I do, guys? I really can't afford bringing this constantly sick, dying, PC piece of sh*t into a store and paying $200 for them to try and save it. Should I somehow steal a Mac? What is the jail time on that? If you have another solution, please help!!

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Lets look at this solution

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.

• Extract the file and run it.
  • Once completed it will create a log in your C:\ drive
  • Reboot your computer
  • Please post the contents of that log

THEN

To ensure that I get all the information this log will need to be attached (instructions at the end) if it is to large to attach then upload to Mediafire and post the sharing link.

Download OTS to your Desktop
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Double-click on OTS.exe to start the program.
  • Check the box that says Scan All Users
  • Under Additional Scans check the following:
    • Reg - Shell Spawning
    • File - Lop Check
    • File - Purity Scan
    • Evnt - EvtViewer (last 10)
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

netsvcs
    drivers32 /all
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
    %systemroot%\system32\*.wt
    %systemroot%\system32\*.ruy
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
    %systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.tmp
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\user32.dll /md5
    %systemroot%\system32\ws2_32.dll /md5
    %systemroot%\system32\ws2help.dll /md5
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Please attach the log in your next post.

To attach a file, do the following:
  • Click Add Reply
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
  • Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

JackBullet

JackBullet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks for the response! I unfortunately somehow lost Winzip in the aforementioned Windows re instillation, and have used up my evaluation period. How can I extract the TDSSKiller?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Download and install Peazip (it is free)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.