Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Monitor Problems following wsock32.dll virus...

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently suffered from the wsock32.dll virus and used a system restore point to free myself of it, however after doing this my monitor has apparently died.

It has lowered itself from the usual 1024*768 to 800*600 and the colour quality has been lowered to 4bit.

I cannot raise these values, although the display properties window is fine the slider for resolution appears frozen and there is no other option except 4 bit colour in the drop down menu for colour quality.

Also my screen has been flickering recently giving itself a noticeable yellow tinge.

So is this an after effect of the virus, which I have since scanned for and found no trace neither do I recieve warnings on start up any more, or has my monitor simply died?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Go into device manager, are there any red or yellow marks next to display adapters if so try reinstalling the video drivers.