Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Soundcard - sound in only one earphone

• Please log in to reply

tommy18

tommy18

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Is my onboard sound no good?

I have sound in my left ear only. I plugged my headphones into an ipod to test and I had sound in both ears. I tried another set of headphones well they are the type made for mp3 players and same issue only sound in one ear when plugged into my sound ports

I bought this mobo about 6months ago and has worked great - Gigabyte ep43-ud3l

Any ideas, is there a mute somewhere for "per ear"

Advertisements

tommy18

tommy18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Just double check sliders in control panel I found a right/left volume control and both are turned all the way up

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Couple of things for you to check;
Go to device manager and check to see if it says the device is functioning correctly
Go to start, run and type in dxdiag, see what it reports on your audio, test your audio
uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall them from here;
http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=3499#dl
Good luck.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
also sounds like a silly statement, but make sure the plug is going all the way into the jack. if you don't push it all the way in, it won't make connection on both of the rings