Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excellent laptop to get?

• Please log in to reply

millermil

millermil

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello, all guys, i am looking for a laptop for myself.Do you have a good recommendation?
My friend suggest me go for this Lenovo X201 Ultraportable Thinkpad,i know a little about it ,what do you think about it and its price?
Besides i feel this Apple MacBook Pro is good,but it is a little expensive for me.
Which one should i get it ?

Advertisements

Elliott Matthew

Elliott Matthew

• Pip
  • 4 posts
The Macbook's hard drive and use only Windows and Linux. But I was told by people at the Apple store that doing so would void my warranty.I think I can safety say the X201 is not for me. Not having a large track pad is the main issue. But also it needs a 13 inch display, that's the minimum size these days for a serious work laptop.

Edited by Elliott Matthew, 09 July 2010 - 01:57 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
You made the #1 cardinal mistake when seeking advise about buying a new computer. You failed to say what you will be using it for. A student living in the dorm who needs to lock it up in a closet has different needs from a road warrior who is seeking something light to carry, or from a construction worker who needs something rugged.

Also, one has MAC OS while the other has Win7 - you need to define what you need.