Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 new to it few errors

• Please log in to reply

Epsilon

Epsilon

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Just got this system shipped in parts put it together it posted fine first time here is specs

Noctua NH-D14 heatsink, i7 860 2.8ghz cpu, asus maximus 3 extreme motherboard, 8gb ram g skill 2000mhz, 2x 5850 xfx radeon cards in crossfire, 850 watt xfx powersupply black edition, raven rv02 case, basic optiarc dvd rw drive burner, 1tb western digi caviar black hard drive, 60gb ocz vertex 2 SSD. here is my problems hopefully someone can help me through them thanks!
1. I would like to know how to install things on the western digi instead of the OCZ SSD i only wanted internet and OS on it i'm using windows 7 64 bit.
2. my crossfire apparently isn't recognized by ati catalyst control center (I'm new to ati settings just came from being nvidia so if someone can help me get these two going would be awesome thanks. I think I seen a driver on their site for them but i'm not sure if I needed it or not..
3. How to get rid of annoying beep noises in windows 7 lol not a major one but something that would be nice to know.
4. and my microphone won't work let me elaborate, when in ventrilo it works perfect when I click off ventrilo onto the desktop and press my push to talk key it doesn't work ... my voice transmits fine when i use the hotkey people have said at least.. when I am in games it will not work either i've only tryed it on a few games but its fairly annoying whole point of a mic is to be able to communicate and if I can't do that in a game then its deceiving to me.. I tryed to mess with a few settings but i'm very new to 7 so not sure what to do came from XP so alot of it is different I had the drivers installed from my disc so i'm pretty sure sound is fine but maybe someone can give me some advice thanks!

Advertisements