Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost the use of ALL fonts in windows xp

• Please log in to reply

MrBeetleman

MrBeetleman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I started my comp. the other day & everything that would use a font was all lines, slashes, etc. The welcome page, desktop, folders etc all had giberish instead of words. Using the icons, I could connect to the internet and run netscape... Even in Netscape the font was changed and was blocky..
With someone elses computer to compare, I opened "Desktop properties"/ appearance/ advanced and I found 5 weird fonts available to use. That is how I can write this letter...
**** When I open the c: windows/ fonts file, it is empty, but if I hold my mouse over the folder it says that there are 95mb, folders: fonts, etc. They are just hidden from view, etc. I have already enabled "view hidden files" but no change.
How do I get my comp. to recognize the fonts again?
If I restart my computer, all my changes are lost, and the symbols are back.
Please help.

Advertisements

MrBeetleman

MrBeetleman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can anyone give me some advice?

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator