Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop LCD Issue

• Please log in to reply

lllintothevoidlll

lllintothevoidlll

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I just got my laptop back from Toshiba today after some repairs, including replacing the LCD.

(Model X305-Q701)

When I log in, everything is fine, but after a while the gray portions of websites I look at start to flicker and sometimes I get horizontal bars, but they are very transparent and flickery.

I updated my Nvidia graphics drivers to the latest to see if it would help, but to no avail...

I have noticed that moving my screen forward and backward is a temporary fix for this, but I've only had it back for 6 hours and it's really getting irritating.

Anyone know what could be causing this and if this is possibly an easy fix that I can do or maybe take it to a local PC repair place at a cheap $$? I would rather not be without my laptop for another 2 weeks if it isn't necessary.

Turned off the fan, the television and moved my iHome off my desk as well to see if these were interfering. No luck.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
It sounds like they did not ensure internal connections are securely fastened. I know you don't want to be without again, but you really should contact Toshiba immediately to be on record about this. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to convince them it is their responsibility - which this clearly is.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

but you really should contact Toshiba immediately to be on record about this. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to convince them it is their responsibility - which this clearly is.

I will 2nd this.

Case in point...
I know that when I have repaired equipment at a location that is using it 24/7 and they call 30 days later, I am told "it failed after you walked out the door". How am I supposed to believe them and now give them "free service".

Call them, email them, whatever. Get the name of the person you spoke to.