Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help please! Problem with my external hard drive

• Please log in to reply

loiq

loiq

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I plugged my BUFFALO external hard drive yesterday and some of my important folders (My music, my document, my pictures..) seems to DISAPPEAR. It's like it is deleted but the space used remains the same.

I tried:

1. Searching the missing folders but it doesn't shows up
2. Scanning for Malware, trojan or virus but its clean
3. Using software such as recuva( recovering software ) but no luck
4. Changed the setting to view hidden files
5. chkdsk using windows 7(recover for bad sector)
6.Tried it on another laptop
6. Rebooting windows in safe mode strange enough SOME of my folders seems to reappear again. But some are still missing.

Can anyone kind enough to help me please. Some of my folders contains very important files.

Another problem with my hard drive is that it gets really really slow recently and i'm having problems transferring files to it. Most of the time it even freezes and i have to remove the hard drive . It also kept asking me to reformat .

Edited by loiq, 08 July 2010 - 09:47 PM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Not a good sign, especially the prompt to "format the drive" when it's already been formatted. This is almost always an indication of imminent drive failure.

loiq

loiq

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So is there possible solution to how can i recover my undeleted missing folders?