Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AUDIO HELP - PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

daveoreilly123456

daveoreilly123456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes. I have exactly the same files as you! I then clicked on the SETUP. Once that was complete, it said I must restart. I restarted and nothing is any different.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
There are two setup files, please confirm you have used the one on the bottom left of my screenshot and this opened the SIS Audio Driver setup screen, a full screen multicoloured background that then said this will,install the driver on your system.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 09 July 2010 - 06:22 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
If that is what you did go to this link which is the direct download from the SIS site
http://www.sis.com/download/

Edited by Macboatmaster, 09 July 2010 - 06:32 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Signing off now back about 2000, hope its sorted if not and no one else has come in, I will pick the thread up and continue.

daveoreilly123456

daveoreilly123456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello again!
Sorry I cut off rather abruptly last night, long story!

I can confirm that I clicked that install icon as shown in the bottom left hand corner of your print screen, but nothing new has happened. Did you advise that I followed that link and downloaded sis 7018 even though I already have them extracted files?

Cheers for your help dude!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Yes, I do the link is from the actual SIS site, just in case it provides the solution.
Delete all the files from the previous driver download and then you cannot get mixed up.

daveoreilly123456

daveoreilly123456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok! Well, I have a feeling what I am about to say may cause you some headache but.....Everest tells me that the device I need is sis 7012.....but shall I continue getting the 7018 instead?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thought you said you had already tried that.

daveoreilly123456

daveoreilly123456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok, basically, my computer has no sound. Someone told me to download EVEREST to find out what drivers I needed. Using Everest, I concluded that I needed something called

' Realtek Alc655 @ sis 7012 audio driver '.

When I downloaded Sis 7012 ( Which I thought is all I needed to do ) it did not let me complete the set up. Whenever I clicked on the set up, it was interuppted with an error message with a long number...something like 5???70397 - not exactly sure.

I assumed that this wasn't the right driver for me. I am really confused.

daveoreilly123456

daveoreilly123456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
This is the extent of my knowledge!
I really appreciate your help!

Attached Files

• Attached File  SSS.bmp   660.71KB   36 downloads
  • Attached File  aaa.bmp   311.63KB   32 downloads

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Download that driver and then
Uninstall the device using device manager.
When XP "finds" your Audio Sound Card, DO NOT let it automatically install the best driver, but instead select the "install from a specific location" and browse to the folder where you unzipped the driver files, and into the XP subfolder and click OK

Edited by Macboatmaster, 10 July 2010 - 05:25 PM.

daveoreilly123456

daveoreilly123456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ok, I have downloaded the Sis 7012 Driver. I unzipped the files. I clicked setup. It seemed to complete this time with no error message but it also didnt confirm it had completed - it just sort of abruptly ended.
My device manager looks no different, and I still have no sound. How do I make XP search for the SIS 7012 audio driver that I just downloaded?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
follow post 26 pls.

daveoreilly123456

daveoreilly123456

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Download that driver and then
Uninstall the device using device manager.
When XP "finds" your Audio Sound Card, DO NOT let it automatically install the best driver, but instead select the "install from a specific location" and browse to the folder where you unzipped the driver files, and into the XP subfolder and click OK

I have downloaded the driver.
What device should I uninstall?
When will XP find my audio sound card? What do I need to do to do this?

I am very very sorry but I am a complete computer noob! :)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Your post 14.
Double click the device with the warning.
Uninstall.
Shut down
Reboot

Sound card drivers

If you have followed the above recommendations and you are still unable to get the sound card to work, in Device Manager remove all sound video and game controllers and reboot the computer. This should cause Windows to reinstall all missing drivers and often can correct corrupt drivers. If this does not work after rebooting the computer download and install the latest sound card drivers from the computer or sound card manufacturer.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 10 July 2010 - 05:41 PM.