Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does the feature "CPU Level up" actually work?

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello!
I'm looking at an ASUS motherboard, P7H57D-V EVO, and it has something called "CPU Level Up." It states that you can "Upgrade your CPU at no additional cost with CPU Level UP! Simply pick the processor you wanted to OC to, and the motherboard will do the rest! See the new CPU speed and enjoy that performance instantly!" :)

Sounds to good to be true right?!? I was wondering if anybody has this motherboard and can tell me if "CPU Level Up" really works or you can just give me your opinion of it.

Here is the link in case your interested:
http://usa.asus.com/...I...&templete=2

Thanks a bunch! :)

Edited by Peptobismol165, 09 July 2010 - 07:22 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The link doesn't work.

The feature is a fancy name for overclocking. It is documented to feed more voltage through the processor and the components than is safe given half a chance.

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
hmmm...links to the ASUS website never seem to work!