Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't pickup wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

tiberio

tiberio

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have an HP zv6100 and have AT&T wireless and have had no problems connecting to the internet. I was just in Canada and used the wireless provided by the hotel with no problem. However, since then, the computer will not acknowledge any other wireless connection, including my home router and I cannot connect to anything.

Any clue what may have happened or solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Please have a look at this thread and see if it helps;
http://www.geekstogo...er-t278580.html

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Also do a right click on the wireless icon in the taskbar by the clock and choose "view available wireless networks".
Make sure that yours is shown and that it is at the top of the list for connection.

tiberio

tiberio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Stupid me!!! The wireless button was not on. Have had the computer for 7 years and have never noticed that button.

THANK YOU!!!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thank you for posting back with the resolution to your OP.
Sometimes the easiest solution is the most overlooked & I
amongst others have missed the the wireless connection switch.
Thank you for using GTG & for allowing me to assist you.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Ok, now that I am done laughing!

Don't worry about it. It happens to all of us.
Glad that you got it resolved.

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible