Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD or Crash Report upon morning boot

• Please log in to reply

Ty_Ty

Ty_Ty

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Originally I had posted this: http://www.geekstogo...me-t281438.html

But things seem to be going more awry.

My computer is either:
1) Giving me crash reports upon booting up first time in the morning, saying the computer did not shut down properly.
or
2) Giving me a BSOD once I hit the desktop, again, first boot in the morning.

My usual ritual for the night is to quit Second Life, log off my instant messengers, give the computer five minutes to fully close out of said programs, and shut down. Then I go to sleep and wake up the next day and boot my computer first thing. My biggest fear is either my hard drive or my mother board is going bad.

Both my online friend and I do not like how random the .dmp logs are in their reports. I have run AVG and Ad-Aware and have picked up nothing. I have deleted old programs, updated drivers, run Windows updates - everything I can think of to stop any incompatibilities. Can you guys take a look?

Thanks much!
Ty♥

This is my computer and its specifications:
http://h10025.www1.h...product=3443290

And these are the three most recent dump files, I will post more if the problems stay persistent:
On Sat 7/10/2010 11:15:30 AM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x1C, 0x2, 0x0, 0x82489512)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini071010-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 7/8/2010 2:17:53 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: hardware
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xC000001D, 0x807D2737, 0xA5062578, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini070810-01.dmp

On Tue 7/6/2010 2:13:50 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: luafv.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xC0000005, 0x82509010, 0x97F0C764, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini070610-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\luafv.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: LUA File Virtualization Filter Driver
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Is there any particular reason, why you created new topic, instead of continuing in your original one?

Ty_Ty

Ty_Ty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Is there any particular reason, why you created new topic, instead of continuing in your original one?

Yes, in fact, there is.
I was told to take the discussion to a different forum if it happened to be a motherboard problem, with custom building and all. And since this no longer looks like an update, rather a computer problem, I thought this topic would be better suited for the Windows Vista / 7 forum. The previous thread, while still relevant to my particular issue, is no longer a major concern.

I'm more focused on finding the issue at hand instead of jumping the gun to find and buy matching / updated components for my PC.

Edit:
I apologize if this was wrong on my part. If this new thread needs to close, I would appreciate if a mod moved my original post to this forum. Either way, this will not repeat in the future.

Edited by Ty_Ty, 10 July 2010 - 02:08 PM.