Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Fenced in by FENCES !

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded fences a whilw back.Sounded like a good tool to keep things organized on the desktop.
Seemed to work fine and I set it up on another machine as well.

recently had problems with this laptop and I got rid of some excess baggage, programs.It took some committed reading from your forums here and a lot of restraint from utilizing my trusty sledge hammer tune up device...anyway, it's still alive and computin and since it survived two tours overseas I want to keep it running as long as it can last.
Enough of that .onto the situation with FENCES- a stardock "animal".
I thought I would set it free when getting rid of some programs but it has dug in. Like "the Borg" it has made my machine a part of it's collective.
Uninstall caused it to become very serious about not allowing it to be tossed out on it's .....
Most recently it has displayed a small window with only a round red x which it pops up whenever it seems to feel the need.
Whenattempting to use it's uninstall it pops up a window demanding I download microsoft net 2.0.or else tough stuff, it isn't gping anywhere. Anyway I had hoped to post the readout from using revo uninstaller but it doesn't allow me to copy it.
Anyway, it may uninstall- will see in a minute. but the remnants in the registry are plentiful. I don't know if I will lose pictures, etc, if I toss out the rest. (supposing it actually uninstalls this time).
Anyone having knowledge on how to lasso this rodeo clown and toss it out, please let me know if you would.
***the lil 2x2inch pop up just landed on top of this while i am writing...says fences.e... has a ok button and a red x round button on it.

microsoft.net.2.0 is the download demand fences made when tryin to uninstall it.

Edited by Wulfy, 10 July 2010 - 02:37 PM.

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
Have you tried installing the microsoft.net 2.0? or do you already have it? (check in add/remove programs).

Recuva is usually pretty good at removing stubborn programs.

Info from the creator

As long as you are running Impulse for updates, you can also uninstall Fences through Impulse by simply right-clicking on the Fences icon under the My Desktop tab and selecting Uninstall.

More on uninstall

Have you tried emailing support@stardock.com?