Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System restore problems

• Please log in to reply

Help Jenn

Help Jenn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hopefully someone can help me out. I have been trying to restore my computer back to an earlier date and it just won't let me! It will let me go through all the steps and then when my computer restarts itself, it says that the restoration was unsuccessful. This is the first time I have had this problem. HELP!!

Advertisements

tilburyre

tilburyre

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Jenn

I'd check for all the nasties as detailed in 'do you suspect a malware' at the top pf the page. I had this in among all the other problems I've been having and I'm fairly sure it was caused by something nasty (it's an obvious thing for malware to do since it stops you getting rid of it easily). I wasn't gonna waste time working out what nuisance caused what problem but it's certainly worth checking if you haven't already done so.

cheers

Roger