Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited or No Connectivity

• Please log in to reply

joiele

joiele

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'm new 'round here but I already have some questions,,,

I actually use a wireless broadband connection,, the one w/c has antennae at the top of my house and the ISP provided me w/ a hub w/c has 3 ports,,

I had 2 Windows XP pcs connected to the hub and it worked fine. One of the pcs crashed and I connected a new pc,, I got Limited or No Connectivity on the LAN icon on the new pc but the old one is working fine,, I noticed that the IP address is 169,, so I powercycle the hub and the pcs, nothing happened, then I reseat the cables, still nothing, I run ipconfig /release then renew but it said cant renew ip, can not contact dhcp server,, from here I actually dont know what to do next,,, can you help me?

I also tried to force IP,, it said its connected but IE still can not load,, says page can not be displayed,,

Advertisements