Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows vista won't update

• Please log in to reply

3sipes

3sipes

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I'm having serious trouble with my Windows Vista. It won't accept any updates. Even when I manually try to tell it to check for updates it tells me it has found an error "Code 80070424"

I've tried system restores well beyond the point where my windows stopped updating but even then it tells me that my system restore didn't do right and it can't be fully completed. My computer really isn't all that old (less than a year) and I've got no idea what to do.

It's a Dell Inspiron 1545 if that helps any. Also, my Avast Antivirus is acting up, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the updates. It tells me that the side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Please help me out. And thank you for anyone who takes up this problem.

Advertisements