Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't download flash player into IE

• Please log in to reply

blondie76

blondie76

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have Windows vist home premium
service pack 2
32 bit operating system
IE 8

I have IE, Chrome, and Firefox. I have had adobe flash player all along. I have it now on Chrome and Firefox, but I am trying to view something that only will play in IE and it keeps telling me I need to download flashplayer 10.1

I have went to add and install programs and have uninstalled flash player several times now and reinstalled with no avail. It just won't show up in IE. I went to the adobe site, downloaded the version 10.1 for IE. I can still use flash in chrome and firefox after all of this, I am so frustrated. When I go into my add ons in IE flash player is not there. Any ideas, thank you so much in advance.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try this:

blondie76

blondie76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I followed all the promts exactly, have done this several times, On chrome and firefox I get the first pic when I go here,http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ I get the second pic with the big red F when I go there from IE.

Attached Thumbnails

• chrome.JPG
  • IE.JPG

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
In IE:
  • Click Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons button.
  • In the pulldown menu on the lower left, select Run without permission.
  • In the right pane, scroll down to the Adobe Systems Incorporated section, right-click Shockwave Flash Object and select Enable.
  • Click the Close button on that window, then click OK to close IE's Internet Options window.
  • Now try your http://www.adobe.com...re/flash/about/ link again.

Edited by SpywareDr, 13 July 2010 - 02:57 AM.

blondie76

blondie76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Okay followed your instruction, it was already enabled.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Hmmm... wierd.

Does it work in "Safe mode with networking"?

blondie76

blondie76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for trying, I have a help ticket in virus forum. A lot of other things started happening, I thought it was something to do with windows update not working, but so many other things have happened the last week. I was instructed to go to that forum. I appreciate all of your help though.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
You're welcome. :)