Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Telefunken TLD1501 15inch LCD TV / Monitor

• Please log in to reply

cabbagetreeNiki

cabbagetreeNiki

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I bought a cheap secondhand Telefunken TLD1501 15inch LCD TV. which works great as a video monitor BUT it's supposed to be a TV and computer monitor as well. I've attached an antenna and hooked it up to my computer and NOTHING. I spent hours on the net trying to find info on it and had no luck. Eventually I gave up and took it back to the shop they did some research and found out that it was supposed to have a remote. They've offered to exchange it for an ordinary computer monitor but I'm really keen to have the option of watching TV as well. Does anyone have any ideas if or how I can use it without a remote. I'm reluctant to buy a remote if I can avoid it as the only one I've been able to find so far is one from an online shop who knows where for USD 88.00. Which translated to kiwi dollars is a chunk of money also I have no way of knowing if that will fix the problem. Grateful for any help even suggestions as to where I might be able to go to find info. Thanks guys.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Found this place where you can order the remote from in Australia HERE

cabbagetreeNiki

cabbagetreeNiki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Found this place where you can order the remote from in Australia HERE

Thanks. Problem is that works out to about NZD104.00 plus postage. I can pick up a universal remote off trademe here for about NZD18.00 but I've heard that I need the original remote codes to program one. I found this listing for the same TV (http://www.myshoppin..._15_38cm_LCD_TV) but don't know how to find the codes. Cheers.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Remote codes that show for that monitor\tv

022, 035, 036, 060 061, 062, 078, 079, 101, 108, 111, 126, 127, 139, 163, 166, 190

These are all the codes I can find that should work for a universal remote.
Looking at the page you linked to it shows that the tv uses a universal remote originally.
Please let us know if one of these will work for you.

Edited by rshaffer61, 12 July 2010 - 06:16 PM.

cabbagetreeNiki

cabbagetreeNiki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks. I found these in postings on other sites too. Have no idea if they'll be any use.
TV Telefunken 0702 0056
401 446 560 565 566 567 574
I'll go back into the shop and get a universal remote and give them all a go. Will update with progress.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I got mine from a universal remote coding site.
I would start from the lowest number and try each one. When you get the right one make sure to write it down somewhere.
If you don't have the manual for the tv or the remote I would suggest maybe trying to purchase one and write the code inside the manual.

cabbagetreeNiki

cabbagetreeNiki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yay Sorted. Bought a second hand 'one for all' remote, tried all the codes listed in the manual as well as all the ones I had found on the web also tried the 'search method' option, but no luck. Finally gave up, dialed the customer service number and left a message. Top marks to Direct Imports NZ they rang back the next day told me to send them back the remote and that they'd send me a reconditioned one with the codes I needed programed in as well as some pins added so i could just connect straight to the web in future, only charge my postage to them. Pretty impressive customer service AND I now have a working TV and monitor.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

Thank you for letting us know the final outcome and how you resolved this issue. Great customer support from their side.. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)