Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't switch on PC

• Please log in to reply

YellowRubberDuck

YellowRubberDuck

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi,

I've put my PC in the backseat of my car and drove it to my house.

After plug in all the wires, I can't switch it on.

It worked fine before I switched it off, unplug all wires and put it in my car's backseat.

Any idea what happen and what should I do to switch the PC on?

Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just a thought but does the back of the system have a switch for the PSU that may have been flipped off during the disconnect or the drive?

MedStudent.003Hz

MedStudent.003Hz

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I agree with rshaffer61. The most common cause for a computer that has been transported that was working fine before the move but will not power on afterwards, making sure the power cord is plugged in correctly and there is power on the outlet the computer is plugged into, is the power switch for the PSU being switched to the "OFF" position. Some PSU's even have a breaker that can be accidently tripped during the move. All you have to do is flip it back to complete the circuit.

If it is isn't the PSU's power switch or a breaker switch, then it could be possible that a wire or something came loose when the computer was jostled around during transport. The most common thing in my experience of transporting computers, if it is not the PSU switch being tripped off, is the wire leads to the power button or some part of the power button coming loose or getting broken.