Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

graphics drivers will not install

• Please log in to reply

Gunz

Gunz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I keep getting an error saying like the software is not right for the device and such, ive used a program to double check me and i have an ati xpress 200m card in this lap top, i reformated it to xp from vista, and got everything working except the graphics driver, it is running the generic vga software. Everythings choppy and i cant adjust the resolution. I tried older versions of omega drivers, drivers from gateway and all over the place. Gayeway did not release this pc in xp only vista so finding drivers has been a task, but i found all but this. They just wont install

Ive tried uninstalling the card, disabling it, and so on. Am i missing something?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Download the driver from here http://game.amd.com/...integratedip-xp
& save it to your desktop then; (Please make sure you download the correct driver)
Find the existing driver in Device Manager - right click on it & remove it,
Double click on the downloaded file & follow the on screen instructions to install.
This should sort the issue, please post back & let us know how it goes.

Gunz

Gunz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
uninstalling the drivers wouldent do it, but i disabled the device instead, then installed the drivers i had and i knew they were the right ones, and it went throug, now im up and going. Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts
Congratulations on resolving your gfx card issue :)
Thank you for using GTG and for allowing me to assist you :)