Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connecting to printer

• Please log in to reply

minkeye

minkeye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have vista. I had problems with my computer, a guy from my internet provider came out and fixed it. He added another user. I had a printer, a canon ip2600, but when I try to print some thing now, it says I need to add a printer. How do Ireconnect to my printer?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You probably need to dig out your printer CD and re-install the printer driver from it. If you can't find it you download the driver from the printer manufacturer's website.

One 'gotcha' you need to remember with most USB printers is that you must have it turned off to start with. Install the driver and then switch the printer on only when you see a prompt to do so on the screen. If you try to install the driver with the printer already turned on, the driver may not be able to install or won't install properly.
Check your printer documentation or "Quick Start" printer booklet - it should explain the correct way to do it for that particular model.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 13 July 2010 - 02:56 PM.

BrettM WinTeam

BrettM WinTeam

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Check out these 2 sites. They will be able to give you some great information that will be able to help you add a printer to your vista computer.

http://www.windows-v...r-in-vista.html

http://www.pchell.co...essdenied.shtml

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team