Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Smitfraud.c trojan - getting desperate!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

trumbernick

trumbernick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there

Unfortunatly whilst I have been away my Father has managed to get himself a rather nasty infection on his pc. He's asked me to save it but I'm afraid I'm unsure of what to do.

He told me he had the blue screen error message on the desktop, and proceeded to download a scanner program called XoftSpy 4.13...this had removed a lot of spyware and in particular two files....'vbsys2.dll' and 'xmlib.dll'
They couldn't be removed at the time of scanning but on rebooting. However, the screen has now gone completely black with only the mouse pointer arrow in the middle!

I can access programs by using ctrl, alt del..but am stumped as to what to do to resolve this

(this may prove tricky as I am using this (my own) pc to find help on the net as my Fathers will not let me open any webpages - they are all redirected to annoying pages :tazz: ).....
I've noticed that there is a lot of different solutions been posted so it seems best to follow seperate advice rather than attempt any of the solutions listed under topics of the same nature.

All help will be greatly appreciated

Edited by trumbernick, 25 May 2005 - 10:58 AM.

Advertisements

trumbernick

trumbernick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Things have been resolved now...thanks to anyone who was planning to help. :tazz:

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Glad you managed to resolve your issues, topic will be closed.