Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop locking up

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I don't know exactly which one to put this under, but I'll try here.

My dad's laptop isn't working right, for some reason. It boots up as normal, but when he or I try to access something like connecting to the internet, Control Panel, or anything that requires an Administration permission, the window/program freezes up and we can't do anything to it.

In fat, even some of the system tools (Defrag, and even Control Panel to an extent) aren't working right, and I can't figure out what the problem is.

The only things I can get working normally are the standard Computer files and the task manager. Anything else ends up freezing up the window and I can't clck on anything.

(Edit: Forgoty to mention that it won't even let me look at the specs of the computer to help out. The only things I know is that it's a Dell Inspiron 1501, and that's it)

Edited by Chamelion, 14 July 2010 - 06:21 PM.

Advertisements