Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply

Sashua44

Sashua44

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm getting this error message within one minute of signing on to AOL (I am also asking for their help, but frequently their help, doesn't help!)

error message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware. Disable BIOS memory options, such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, then select safe mode.

Technical information

*** Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xFF941000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF97CB484

*** opmeyfc – Address F9CB000, DateStamp 4263cfdf_

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

I'm not sure what caused it and I haven't done anything yet. I'm sort of afraid that it might be instructions that will further harm my laptop(Dell Inspiron)

Can anyone help???
Thank you so much
Sasha

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Hi Sasha and welcome to GTG.

Couple or reasons why this might happen. Did you install any new device drivers lately? If you did, try uninstalling them and reinstall them back after a restart. If it's updated drivers, then rollback/downgrade them to see if this error still shows up.

Another main reason you might get this error is a problem with the ram/memory. If you have more than one memory stick in your computer, try taking one out and see if that error still occurs. I also suggest moving them to different memory slots/banks if you have any other empty slots open.