Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS/2 ports not working?

• Please log in to reply

kjtyo4

kjtyo4

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a computer I just got with the ps/2 ports are not working, usb work fine.
When I start the computer the lights on the keyboard light up but other than that nothing else.
the mouse the optical lense is also lit up but dosn't work. The mother board also reconizes they are there.
But it dose say 2 mouses when i only have one hooked up. Is there a way to repair this issue at all.
Other than that the computer runs very well 2.8 ghz hp compaq.
Please let me know. would puting a new ps/2 port the little shine box with the plug holes on it fix this problem.
thankyoiu
kenny.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Couple of suggestions, have you;
Installed the drivers
Checked the PS2 ports are enabled in the BIOS (tap F8 on boot up to get into BIOS - enable them save & exit)
Do the mouse & keyboard have a reset button on the bottom of them, if so press to reset them, tap the keyboard keys & click the mouse & this should pair the keyboard & mouse together.
Try the above before replacing the PS2 adapter.