Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NF750-G55

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hello!
I'm looking at a MSI NF750-G55 motherboard. It has an intigrated NVIDIA® nForce 750a SLI single chipset
and 2 PCI Express x16 2.0. I assume SLI is Nvidia's version of CrossFirex. THe problem is I'm not sure how the graphics cards run. (You know that 16x/x8 stuff) Here is the information the website gives me.

Slots

• 2 PCI Express x16 slots with x16 operation (PCI Express Bus SPEC V2.0 compliant)
• When 2 PCI Express x16 slots are all installed, the PCIE x 16 lanes will auto arrange form x16/ x0 to x8/ x8. :)
• 2 PCI Express x1 slots
• 1 PCI slots, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus interface.

Can somebody convert that to english? Does this include the intigrated graphics card? What does it mean! :)

Here is a link in case you need more info:
http://us.msi.com/in...mp;prod_no=1879

Advertisements

MedStudent.003Hz

MedStudent.003Hz

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello again Peptobismal165.

Yes, the MSI NF750-G55 mobo has onboard integrated graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8200. Here is a good in depth review from last November on the board.

To answer your other question: what it means when MSI states "When 2 PCI Express x16 slots are all installed, the PCIE x 16 lanes will auto arrange form x16/ x0 to x8/ x8" is that you can run two nVidia SLI capable graphcis cards on this board because it supports SLI, but basically in doing so you don't get the x16 speed, you get the x8 speed; although, when running two good graphics cards, you do reap the benefits of the graphics rendering power of both. nVidia's SLI is akin to ATI's Crossfire, if that helps you out any.

On this board, you can either choose to use the onboard video or to install one or two graphics cards.

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
ok. Thanks!