Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE help me!

• Please log in to reply

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Please help!!!
I need a motherboard. Not just any motherboard... the perfect motherboard! I've been spending at least 20 hours total looking at motherboards and I've given up! :) Here's what I'm looking for.

-At least 3 PCI-Express x16 2.0 slots (2 of them if an intigrated GC is present) (Run at 16x/16x/8x) as long as 2 GC run at x16 thats all I care about
-AMD
-AM3 slot
-DDR3 memory
-MUST BE ATX!!! (You can break all the other rules, but not this one...please.)
-Range from Phenom x3 to a Phenom x6
-Don't have to spend more than $150

Please help me. :) This was my last resort. I'm not trying to use you guy/gals, but please help.

Advertisements

MedStudent.003Hz

MedStudent.003Hz

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
MSI NF980-G65 board supports up to the AMD Phenomn II X6 Thuban cored 3.2 GHz processor with the latest BIOS up date, DDR3 memory, up to 3 nVidia SLI graphics cards with 1 card at x16, 2 cards at x16, or 3 cards at x8. Runs around $158 U.S.

MSI 790FX-GD70 borad AMD Phenomn II X6 Thuban cored 3.2 GHz processor with the latest BIOS up date, DDR3 memory, up to 4 ATI Crossfire graphics cards with 1 card at x16, 2 cards at x16, or 4 cards at x8. Runs around $168 U.S.

You can get some marked down open box sales on each of those bords at Newegg for $117 and $118. Here is the link.

edit 1: Found the 790FX-GD70 board for cheaper at two different places, and these are not open box:

Fry's has the 790FX-GD70 for even cheaper at $128 U.S.

You can also get the 790FX-GD70 for around $128 U.S. at Eworldsale.com

Hope that helps.

edit 2: forgot to add that those boards are ATX boards. :)

Edited by MedStudent.003Hz, 14 July 2010 - 09:12 PM.

MedStudent.003Hz

MedStudent.003Hz

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Found one more board that fits your criteria :) :

BIOSTAR TA890FXE, and yes, it will run 2 ATI Crossfire graphics cards at x16...its also ATX. :) It is supposed to be a very stable board to overclock with if you want to want to get into that. You can get it at Newegg for around $140.. You can also get it for that same price at Fry's.

Peptobismol165

Peptobismol165

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
YES!!! :) THis is FANTASTIC!!! Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! :) You were a BIG help! Now I can finally relax...now which of those three do I choose...Hmmm.

PS-Thanks for them all being ATX!

Edited by Peptobismol165, 15 July 2010 - 09:12 AM.